Monday, April 4, 2011

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Title: Shift
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Rating: 4
Cover rating: 4
Description: Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.


Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.


This is going to be a very difficult review to write. I don't want to release any spoilers, but I must say I loved it! It followed Shade perfectly and I fell right back into Aura's world. From the first chapter to the unforgettable last scene I was hooked.

I felt we saw a different side of Logan in this novel. Some of it good, some of it not so good. But, he is oh so real. He is not perfect by any means and I love that. I also enjoyed getting to know his family more and seeing what has become of them after his death. This book reveals a lot about Logan. Oh, he also made me cry...again!

And, Zachary. I liked him more in this novel than I did in the first. That is not to say that I didn't like him in the first, it's just we got to know him more in this one. His accent sounds so sexy in my head. I love it. We were also privy to more information about his family in this book as well as Logan's.

The dynamic between the love triangle was written flawlessly. The emotions and confusion was so spot on.

This book contains laughter, heartache, passion, and mystery. I can't wait to read more. I can't wait to unravel even more of the mystery of the shift. I'm also waiting for the 6 month reunion with bated breath! ;)

If you have not read Shift, I recommend you do so. It's lovely and thrilling.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, this looks so good! Thank you for this wonderful review!
    I really love this cover too, it's so pretty.

    Perhaps if you have time, would you mind checking out my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete