Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Not Summer Without You- Jenny Han

Hello!

Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han
Author website: www.dearjennyhan.com
Rating: 3
Cover rating: 4
Description: Last year, all of Belly's dreams came true and the thought of missing a summer in Cousins Beach was inconceivable. But like the rise and fall of the ocean tide, things can change--just like that. Suddenly the time she's always looked forward to most is something she dreads. And when Jeremiah calls to say Conrad has disappeared, Belly must decide how she will spend this summer: chasing after the boy she loves, or finally letting him go.

Well, I hear a lot of rave about this series. And, honestly, it is something that I don't understand. Do you ever have those books that everyone loves and you hate? Or a book everyone hates and you adore? Well, this is one of those series that I don't like, but it seems like everyone else does.

I liked this novel a whole lot more than the first novel and I think that is because we also got to read from Jeremy's point of view. It gave me a little breather away from Bellie. I think my problem is Bellie. She annoys the crap out of me. I can't pin point why, but she is just one of those people that I don't enjoy spending a lot of time with. I like her, but I can only take her in little increments, but I find that I try to rush through this novel so I can finish Bellie's story. I want to finish quickly do I don't have come back to her. I really enjoyed Jeremy's point of view. I felt like I could breathe when he was telling the story.

These novels are well written though. I enjoy the plot. I love Jeremy. I think Conrad is a dipshit and isn't worth Bellie's time. Bellie annoys me, but I feel the need to read these novels. I know I will be reading the last novel in the trilogy. Although I probably won't buy it. I'll check it out from the library.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...check your email. I sent you a prize notification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just replied! Thank you so much Autumn. I'm so happy you said something, it ended up in my spam folder.

    ReplyDelete