Monday, January 24, 2011

Here Lies Bridget- Paige Harbison (ARC)

Title: Here Lies Bridget
Author: Paige Harbison
Rating: 3
Cover rating: 4
Description: Heroine, Bridget Duke, rules her high school, but when she crashes her car and ends up in limbo, she must confront the people she has wronged, all of whom want her to go to hell. The outcome of these meetings will decide her final destination.
Well, to be honest, this book didn't do much for me. I was bored in some parts, but entertained in others. I thought the beginning dragged on too much, but I understand why it did. We had to understand Bridget as much as possible.

I didn't like Bridget very much, she was your typical bitch, but had no redeeming qualities at all. I couldn't relate to her or feel much sympathy for her.

I enjoyed the other cast of characters, they were all interesting and brought other aspects to the book. Although, I didn't enjoy the ending with any of the supporting characters. I disagreed with all of them for the part on their decisions with Bridget.

The plot was interesting, but not unique. The writing was very well done. She is a talented writer. If she continues to write, I will read more of her books.

Over all, this book wasn't for me, but I don't think it's totally worth writing off. I'd suggest giving it a try, it may be for you.

1 comment: