Saturday, October 16, 2010

Boys, Girls & Other Hazardous Materials- Rosalind Wiseman

Hello all! I borrowed this book from from a friend and fellow book blogger, Tricia over at The Truth About Books. If you aren't a follower of hers, I suggest you become one because she's wonderful! And her reviews are great!! :) On to the review!


Title: Boys, Girls & Other Hazardous Materials
Author: Rosalind Wiseman
Author website: http://www.rosalindwiseman.com/
Rating (1-5): 4
Cover rating: 3
Description: Looking for a new beginning after a terrible mean girl past, Charlie Healey realizes there's no escaping high school drama.

Charlie Healey thinks Harmony Falls is the beginning of a whole new life Middle school was brutal. But high school is Charlie's big chance t start over and stay out of drama, except that on her first day she runs into Will- her ex-best friend, who had moved away. Now a varsity athlete and hotter than Charlie remembered, Will hangs with the crown running the school. But Charlie doesn't understand their power until an innocent delivery guy falls victim to a near-deadly hazing prank.

Torn between doing what's right and her secret feelings for Will, Charlie must decide whether to turn in her very best friend or lice with the guilt of knowing what he did.


First thing I want to say is I love the name Charlie for a girl. I adore it! I also adored Charlie's character. She's strong and good-hearted. I never had trouble in middle school, but in high school. Oh dear, that was hell. I rejoiced the day I graduated. I couldn't have been happier. My sophomore year, I wanted to change schools more than anything, but I can be a tad bit defiant. And me leaving the school is what they wanted, so I didn't. (Although, I can't complain too much about high school, because I met the greatest person in my life. He's also the best person I know. So, yes my high school was filled with bitches, but I met the person who changed me forever. And, showed me the good in people again.) I don't back down easily. And, Charlie doesn't either, at least she learns not too. I was very proud of her. I'm extremely happy she made new, real friends.


Will is amazing and sounds super cute. Sydney, I love that girl!! She's a kick ass character with a lot of spunk and heart. This was a sweet story about the evil of girls. Wiseman did a fabulous job portraying the real life of high school and teenagers. I suggest you try to find this book in your local library. It's a fun and sweet read.

1 comment: