Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Lipstick Laws-Amy Holder

Hello! Tomorrow I will be posting who I am passing along the awards to! It is taking me longer than I thought it would to choose.

Title: The Lipstick Laws
Author: Amy Holder
Author website:
Rating: 2.5
Cover rating: 2
Description: At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Khan, and can ruin any one's life as easily as snapping her perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her.

For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. With zero friends and nothing close to a boyfriend, April is so unpopular, kids don't know she exists. That is, until Britney notices her. One lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity.
But Britney's friendship comes with a price tag.
How much is April willing to pay?

I did not enjoy this book very much. It is way too predictable for me. Although it is well written, it was not a story that grabbed my attention. I found myself to be bored at times throughout the novel.
High school is an ugly place, I found it pretty much to be Hell on Earth. (Yes, that is an exaggeration.) But, I think this novel is TOO exaggerated. I did appreciate the fact the school tried to intervene with the bullying.

April was an interesting character. There were plenty of times that I really didn't care for her though. A lot of things that came out of her mouth made me want to slap her. I didn't care for her love interest either. I think he's an ass. The girls are bitches. My favorite character is Delvin.

If you would like to read a book that is very similar to Mean Girls then this book is the book for you. I'm happy I had a chance to read it, but I will no be buying it once it comes out in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment