Friday, September 24, 2010

The Dark Divine- Bree Despain

Hello! I have a review for y'all today!



Title: The Dark Divine

Author: Bree Despain

Author website: www.breedespain.com

Rating (1-5): 4

Cover raiting: 4

Description: Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kabi disappeared- the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in blood. But she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night really held. And when Daniel returns three year later, Grace can no longer deny her attraction to him, despite promising Jude she'll stay away.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, her actions stir the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind Jude and Daniel's dark secret...and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it-her soul.




I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, but never took the plunge to buy. I am so glad I did. My only reget is that I didn't buy it sooner. I liked the spin with the father being the pastor. I don't think Grace would have worked as a character if he wasn't a pastor. She was just so...good. Good all around, so pure. She is truly a beautiful person. Her soul just shines through this novel.


Daniel, I liked him from the first words that come out of his mouth. Even though he comes off as arrogant and kind of an ass. I knew he really wasn't an ass. I wanted to hug him everytime something bad happened to him. He is a great, strong character. A perfect fit for the pure Grace.


I'm excited for December for the second novel in this series! Also it has the possibility of being made into a movie, so that is very, very exciting! Despain creates a dark paranormal romance that grips you from the first page.

No comments:

Post a Comment