Thursday, September 9, 2010

Halo- Alexandra Adornetto


This is another debut author that I'm excited to review. I'm also excited because I'll be meeting her in a few weeks at the Austin Teen Author Festival!


Title: Halo
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Author website:
Rating (1-5): 3.5
Cover rating: 5


Description: Three angels- Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human- are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and most dangerous of all their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angels' mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

I enjoyed this novel, a lot. It is a great debut and I will definitely read the rest of the series. I really loved how the main girl was the non-human creature. It is usually the boy that is, but this time it is the girl, Beth.

Beth is a sweet, caring girl. She was a little to naive for me to relate to her, but I understand why she is so naive. She's never been to Earth before. Xavier sounds insanely handsome, but (this may sound strange), but I think he was too good.

Gabriel and Ivy completely changed from how they were in the beginning of the book. They didn't stay true to their character descriptions. I'm interested to see where this series takes them. Especially Gabriel, I have some theories! :)

I like how the religious views in the novel weren't shoved on you. As the reader you were able to see inside their religious choices, but didn't feel like you have to be the same way.

My only other problem was Xavier and Beth's relationship. It was all just toooo much gooey-ness. Now, I love love stories. I'm a hopeless romantic, but I also like a girl with some back-bone and some independence. And Beth, has none. Xavier has plenty of back-bone and confidence though. And, I do LOVE that.

No comments:

Post a Comment